Overall: 14403
Upcoming Meetings:

Calendar

Quick Links
» Online Meetings
» Photo Gallery
» Web links

Anybody miss me?
A free-for-all area to discuss what's on your mind, within reason of course.
View previous topic :: View next topic

Did you miss me?
Yes! Thank god you're back! Finally someone to liven things up around here
27% 27% 27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
Yes! Thank god you're back! Finally someone to liven things up around here
27% 27% 27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
Yup. Good to have you back.
0% 0% 0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yup. Good to have you back.
0% 0% 0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kinda, but it's not like you're easily forgotten
9% 9% 9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Kinda, but it's not like you're easily forgotten
9% 9% 9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
No, not really, but welcome back anyway
4% 4% 4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
No, not really, but welcome back anyway
4% 4% 4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Sorry? And you are who exactly?
9% 9% 9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Sorry? And you are who exactly?
9% 9% 9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22
Hocistik
GCC Staff
GCC Staff

Hocistik

Post Post subject: Anybody miss me?
Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 06:25 AM

Ha! Bet you didn't even realise I was gone!

Well folks, its taken me sometime to get my life back on some sort of track, but life is picking up.

What can I tell you? Well, I'm now totally settled in Nottingham, finally living in my own house and not rented. House isn't ready yet - every small job turned out to be a nightmare.
"Lets put the new curtain rail up. Opps, half of the plastering up here is dry, cracked... and now on the floor. hmmm"
"Lets just fix the squeeky floorboard, and that one, and those five, and the on that runs the length of the whole bedroom AND the landing"

Still, the new sofa arrives today, so all I need to do in the living room now is get a new vivarium for Tequila (my blue-tongued skink), a coffee table, fix the CD rack to the wall, fit a phone socket, get blinds for the patio doors....
see what I mean?

I did get my priorities right though. 600 worth of new furniture in Bedroom 3 aka MY ROOM! PC set up with a nice 2.2 mbps broadband connection and a painting table soon to be fitted for my wargaming.

I'm still gaming, but then I'd be fired if I didn't. It's taken me 7 months to get a Full Time job within Games Workshop, but I got there in the end. Currently the Golden Boy, with ideas pouring from every pore. Actually, make that the Golden Old Man. We recently had a Trainee Manager in the store who is 8 years younger than me. God I feel old.

I mentioned a while back that I was taking an army of Snotlings to a recent GW event. Needless to say that being small, green and Legion in number doesn't always work, esp against Mercenaries, Empire or Dwarves. They do however work exceptionally well against Ogres. Just ask Mr Flibble

Sorry for the blank lines. I had to pick myself up off the floor. Flibble's huge, scary ogres beaten by a source of food. Sorry Dave, you know I'll never let you live this one down!

What else, what else. Well, I'm just basically glad to be back online and hope to chat to you folks soon.
Now, let's see how far this damned World of Warcraft patch has got...
GAH! 37% of 32.59MB done. This could take a while.

Oh well.

See you out there!

Triax
GCC Staff
GCC Staff

Triax

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 07:16 AM

Hey Man welcome back glad you finially got yaself up for the floor (either from laughing from Mr F or the floor boards)

I voted for the first, but not to bring back some fun... tough theres never enough fun. but so you can keep the dragon under control Razz hes got plans and schemes like never before Razz

Congratz you got a new and somewhere you like, sounds well suited to your intrests.

As for WoW, you got it eh... well im..kinda on Shadowmoon, horde. Unforchanttley i only get to game on sundays ussually and so dotn have a sub not enough time Sad but i plan on comming back. Let me know if you make a char on it and i'll let my guild know.

You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience.
-George Bernard Shaw

Hocistik
GCC Staff
GCC Staff

Hocistik

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 08:46 AM

Thanks Triax, tis good to be back (but who's the comedian who went for the last option then eh???)

As for WoW, I'm playing on Aszune with the Britannic Lore guild with Flibble. Main character is a level 31 Troll Rogue called Grotmuncha, so if you (or anyone else) are ever there, send me a Tell Cool

SG_01
GCC Staff
GCC Staff

SG_01

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 09:20 AM

Well, welcome back Hoci Smile And gratz on your new job Smile Good thing that you didn't die of laughing there too Razz

Also, we can always use an extra rogue on Antonia Bayle server Razz

Now, hope to see you in some games soon,

- SG

Lunarwrit, the thoughts behind the news
XBox 360: Lunarchild
Playstation 3: SG_01
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery XFireAdd to XFire buddy list
`Smaug
Site Admin
Site Admin

`Smaug

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:59 AM

Anotinia Bayle is EQ2 though Smile He is a WoW junkie!

Good to see your return Hoci. As you probably know, the staff and I are gearing up for E3, and have some awesome stuff planned. GCC 3 is also close, so you picked a good time for your triumphant return.

I knew things were hectic for you, and had faith you would lurk and/or return when things settled. Seems like things are full swing for you now, and on behalf of myself and the GCC members, it is good to have you back in the fold.

Darke
Old Hand

Darke

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 03:55 PM

Hocistik wrote:
Thanks Triax, tis good to be back (but who's the comedian who went for the last option then eh???)

As for WoW, I'm playing on Aszune with the Britannic Lore guild with Flibble. Main character is a level 31 Troll Rogue called Grotmuncha, so if you (or anyone else) are ever there, send me a Tell Cool

Is that a PvP server? I hope not. I've found trolls on those servers to be ganking sneakly little bastiches!

but of course, you wouldn't be that way would you Hoci Wink

D

Old English Rune Poem

jankjank
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jankjank

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:55 PM

Welcome back Hocistik!!

MrFlibble
GCC Staff
GCC Staff

MrFlibble

Post Post subject: Re: Anybody miss me?
Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 01:14 PM

Hocistik wrote:

I mentioned a while back that I was taking an army of Snotlings to a recent GW event. Needless to say that being small, green and Legion in number doesn't always work, esp against Mercenaries, Empire or Dwarves. They do however work exceptionally well against Ogres. Just ask Mr Flibble

Sorry for the blank lines. I had to pick myself up off the floor. Flibble's huge, scary ogres beaten by a source of food. Sorry Dave, you know I'll never let you live this one down!

Yeah ... don't I know it ... darned snotlings Razz

Rogue
Club Enthusiast

Rogue

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 08:26 AM

Welcome back, Hoci! Good to hear you're settled in and enjoying the new job. Hmm... Warhammer. Now summer is upon us I can head out into the garden and undercoat some more Orcs Very Happy

We should be shopping over in Notts next week so I might drop by the shops in disguise and be one of those irritating customers with stupid questions - watch out for the guy with the thermos of weak lemon teeeaaaa...