Overall: 14385
Upcoming Meetings:

Calendar

Quick Links
» Online Meetings
» Photo Gallery
» Web links

PaleFace Check'n in on you Guys!
A free-for-all area to discuss what's on your mind, within reason of course.
View previous topic :: View next topic
PaleFace
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PaleFace

Post Post subject: PaleFace Check'n in on you Guys!
Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 07:05 AM

Hello! What's up! Been forever since I checked back here.

Flying Sod found me on Facebook that reminded me of GCC been ages since I checked back in.

Update on what I've been doing:
I go by the name Tricky for last 6-7 years. I've ran my own SOF2 Clan full on web site/forums my own mods made my own skins and customs sounds did that a good 3 years. At it's high point 5 public servers.

Coulpe Clan videos I did... give you an idea of the glory days.
www.megavideo.com/?v=NEOPGF7S
www.megavideo.com/?v=84PV7YQ3
Then, everyone kinda stop playing Solider of Fortune 2 and moved on to newer games.

So, I craved out my own empire of sorts on Steam since then. I currently running 9 public servers, at last count I've got 9 Steam Groups I maintain. Not all are Games, most are I do love FPS games.

Killahurtz and I are still together (8+ not Married) but will get that detail done one of these years. We never had childern, so our PC's and electronics are the kids around our house. We always like to build our own that hasn't stopped. I got a garage wall full of hardware shoved in boxes to prove that!

So, looking forward to hear some life recaps out of you guys. You can reach me a couple ways if you perfer it be private.

Email: Tricky @ Indy.rr.com
Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/black2uesday
Facebook: www.facebook.com/?ref=...255&v=wall

My gift circa 2002 GCC movie
www.megavideo.com/?v=ZX09V31V

`Smaug
Site Admin
Site Admin

`Smaug

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 03:07 AM

It is good to see you L Wink

Also good to hear that you and Killa are still a cohesive unit. Nice to see you taking initiative and forging alliances through gaming, you have always been a strong and kind soul Smile

As for me, here is my update...

I am happily married to LadyGrimalkin of course, recently had 2 children Griffin (turns 3 in March) and Gwendolyn (6 months), and our daughter Gina is nearing her last year of High school and getting ready to join ROTC and the National Guard.

I still play, but not as much as I used to. I am an EQ2 fanboy, and always will be. As such, I raid 3 nights a week when I am able. Other than that I have recently enjoyed Mass Effect 2 for PC, and a few xbox/PS3 games here and there. Griffin is actually playing some of the console stuff with me (I want to go get him Epic Mickey).

I have dusted off GCC and we will be back in the flow this month (See announcement forum). It warms my heart to know that one way or another, eventually, everyone seems to gravitate back to this humble community.

PaleFace
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PaleFace

Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 04:09 AM

Nice to hear from you Smaug!

I may be able to contribute some Gaming News down the road. I've been asked to help on some marketing work when Serious Sam 3 game gets to that stage. I seemed to impress them, being a Female Fan and I submitted an 8bit Mega Man concept of Serious Sam contest entry they really liked. So, maybe I can do an article with some inside info I'll have access to for the 2011 SS3 game.

SG_01
GCC Staff
GCC Staff

SG_01

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:35 AM

Heyas Pale, long time no see. Glad to see you're still doing well Smile

And since we're doing updates anyway:

I've become a professional game programmer about 3 years ago, and have released 2 games commercially (EyeToy: Play PomPom Party and Fairytale Fights). Unfortunately the company I did so with went bankrupt this summer, and since I've started with another company who makes browser based MMOs.

In this time I've been playing a lot of different games, but I've been calling EQ2 my home base in terms of MMOs. Though lately I have been playing mostly singleplayer and some simple online multiplayer games more than MMOs. I have been helping in some betas of newer games though, which has also been a lot of fun. DCUO and Rift specially.

Anyhow, got to keep playing games, wouldn't be a good gameplay programmer if I didn't Wink I also don't consider a move to the US or Canada to be unlikely in the future, depending on my further career.

Lunarwrit, the thoughts behind the news
XBox 360: Lunarchild
Playstation 3: SG_01
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery XFireAdd to XFire buddy list
Triax
GCC Staff
GCC Staff

Triax

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 06:42 AM

Hey there Pale,

Does seems like people are coming out of the wood work and getting back here.

Good to hear all going good with you.

As my my update:

I went to Uni and finished that may/june 09 and then headed off to Australia with a 3 day stop in Hong Kong back in Nov. Have spent the last year travelling and doing abit of work over there and now im starting another year working and travelling around New Zealand. Am currently in Auckland having 25c weather for xmas, not something you get use to!

Been having a great time so far traveling but i think i have missed something like 30 or so games already that i would love to play!

I also, amazingly managed to go without a laptop while i was in Australia but i have now just brought a nettop/laptop, specifically the Asus Eee PC 1215N. Havn't tested out the ION gfx in it yet but hopefully it'll mean i'll be able to play some game or other Very Happy

Good to see GCC will be picking back up and be in full swing again by the time i get back home and to my gaming rig, even if it's 3 years old by then.

You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience.
-George Bernard Shaw