Overall: 14403
Upcoming Meetings:

Calendar

Quick Links
» Online Meetings
» Photo Gallery
» Web links

What game are you playing now?
EQ, WoW, LOTRO, SWG, you talk about it, we will more than likely chime in!
<
1 2 3 4 5
>
View previous topic :: View next topic
=][=Maximus
GCC Staff
GCC Staff

=][=Maximus

Post Post subject: Re: What game are you playing now?
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 08:16 PM

I think the major difference is that I have played more than one. I played SWG until SOE turned into a POS. I played both COH/COV until I realized that the content was never going to grow up, and I tried EQ2 (I got tired right away of doing quests then having to traverse 3 zones to get back to turn them in, or getting snubbed by EQ snobs in game when I'd ask a question). I also played beta for quite some in PotBS. I do WOW because it is simple to get into and the content may not be for the ADOD dedicated, but it works for a lot more of the public.

Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Deloka

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:28 PM

I can respect that, a lot of people play WoW for that reason, i've met people who never even played a computer game before addicted to WoW. Hey to each there own, my MMO tastes are a bit different. I have played tons of MMOs good lord I could never name them all...
NexusTK
Meridian 59
Everquest
Asherons Call
Anarchy Online
Asherons call 2
Dark Age of Camelot
Shadowbane
World of Warcraft
EverQuest 2
Dark Ages
Ultima Online
SWG
Maple Story
Ragnarok
Dungeons and Dragons Online
Lord of the Rings Online
Vanguard
Runescape
Earth and Beyond Online
Neocron
Age of Conan
City of Heroes/villains
Warhammer

...thats all I can think of lol so I've played a lot of mmos and right now in this generation of MMOs EQ2 is the only one that still has some of that classic MMO persistant breathing world feel to it, not linear at all. Blizzard did a great job making WoW for what it is, I got into it for a while but ultimately I grew out of it, just didn't have the content I was looking for.

And I don't know what Everquest player offended you in the past but ive never found the Everquest community on either 1 or 2 to be bad at all. I find them mostly to be a rather mature and respectful community of gamers. Another reason I like it, I know the community is a little older on average. lol I ask questions all the time still and never get snubbed cause I dont know something....a lot of stuff in the game A LOT so its natural to have questions.

soundsofscience
Club Apprentice

soundsofscience

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:00 AM

I'm currently addicted to Warhammer Online. It's pretty good but I've heard a lot of good things about EQ2. WoW is a good game but I found it gets old pretty fast and not to mention it's hard to find good, cooperative players.

Warhammer encourages grouping, automating a lot of it, and has excellent PvP. I'm personally not into MMOs for story but according to my Warhammer-loving friend, WAR does a great job with their canon of lore.
Send me a personal message if you wanna roll on my server and I'll hook you up.

Deloka
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Deloka

Post Post subject: What game are you playing now?
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 05:28 PM

ya I tried War for a little bit my brothers played it hardcore from release till just recently they got bored of it. EQ2 definately has an obscene amount of content to offer.

=][=Khalaq
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

=][=Khalaq

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 03:05 PM

I've been playing LOTRO, lately. They've tweaked the game quite a bit since it first came out, making it more streamlined and easier to play and have fun. One of the things I've found interesting about it is the ease with which low-level and high-level characters can cooperate. Aside from the difference in aggro-range, people of different levels can work together almost seamlessly.

We'll see what they do with content, though. They've only opened up about an eighth of Middle-Earth to exploration, so far.

-AQ

=][=Maximus
GCC Staff
GCC Staff

=][=Maximus

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 07:54 PM

Content is in the eye of the beholder, and is the death of many games' success. SWG had a lot of good content - especially pvp, but that game got tanked. COH never had it arrive. WOW's isn't the cup of tea of the content dependent and EQ2 would be so. Unfortunately it doesn't remain the focus of mainstream. POTBS has a similar hugemongeous content but again that doesn't always translate directly into membership.

Here's a good scenario for you - on WoW if I toss a few Chuck Norris jokes then i get guffawed and ridiculed. I had seen it happen once when I was testing EQ2 and the whole server pounced and ridiculed the poor guy. I think that is one of the reasons that WOW survives is that there really is a lot of community...and tolerance for the idiot sticks that partcipate. Some of the other games are less accommodating to a fault....

Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Deloka

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 08:58 PM

I love EQ2s community, actually its funny you mentioned chuck norris jokes cause one day the whole server was doing them! of course there is always a couple people trying to ruin the fun thats true of any game community. So I dunno...I think you just got unlucky when you picked a server or something caught everyone after a bad update lol.

Rowyourboat
Stranger

Rowyourboat

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 05:34 AM

I've been playing WoW for about 4 years now, however when Warhammer online came out hubby and I took a break from wow. We played Beta Warhammer as well as the full version, and while it was really well done, a lot of great ideas, it was too well done in terms of the graphics and ram required. I got to a stage that in order to run it, I would have needed to buy a new computer, so i simply went back to wow so that's all I play now. I was at the midnight release for Lich King and will be again for Cataclysm, I can't wait!

Smitty74
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Smitty74

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 02:44 AM

Lots and Lots of Little Big Planet on the PS3. I hear they make other games for the PS3, but I that would mean having to take LBP out of the machine, and that makes me nervous..........

ROM
Club Enthusiast

ROM

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 03:12 AM

I did me some Steam Trawling in the under $5 area and just got me 3 little gems to play.

First i got me Alien Shooter and then Zombie Shooter and both are a real hoot but my latest gem of gems is AvP Classic 2000 as they have reworked it, reconfigured it and patched it to awesome.
Totally loving it again and I even put Quakes and Dooms away for a little bit.

Here is the scariest bit though because in between these three I have gone back to the real original DIABLO one for some more decadence to relive the good old days so many have forgotten about.
Now if Steam where to release a rework of this one as the did AvP they will get Legend Status from me.

ROM
AusROM

View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger XFireAdd to XFire buddy list
<
1 2 3 4 5
>